Sunday, November 10, 2013

Crock Pot Ham and Potato Soup

When the weather changes from summer to fall that is the best time to make a pot of soup. I love it when I can make soup especially in the crock pot. There is just something about cooking soup in the crock pot that makes the soup taste so good. The other day I made Ham and Potato Soup in the crock pot and it was very yummy!

Ingredients:

1 cup of diced ham (can also use bacon)
1/4 cup finely chopped sautéed onion
2 (10.5 ounce) cans condensed chicken broth
2 cups water
5 large potatoes, diced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper (I used ground black pepper)
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups half-and-half cream
1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk

(What you will need)


Instructions:

1. Sauté the onion.

(sauté the onion) 

2. Dice the potatoes and ham into small cubes

(cube the potatoes)
 

(dice the ham)

3. Once the onion is sautéed and the potatoes and ham are cubed, place the ham, potatoes, salt, dried dill weed, black pepper and flour into the crock pot.

(place all dry ingredients into crock pot)
 

4. Next pour in chicken broth, water, half-and-half and evaporated milk. Mix together.

(pour all liquid ingredients into crock pot)



5. Sprinkle over the top a little parsley. This just makes it look pretty is all.

(Sprinkle parsley over the top)

6. Cook on high for about 3-4 hours or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.

(Enjoy!)


Cooking Tip:

As you can see I changed a few things that this recipe called for since I did have them. Also, I did add a little more flour when the soup was finished cooking in order to make it a little thicker.

Recipe credit to:
www.allrecipes.com

Photo credit to:
Amanda Del Toro

3 comments :

  1. I love how you changed the recipe to your liking without changing the overall product. Sounds like, yet another, recipe I'm going to have try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love crockpots. When I was younger my mom would make crockpot meals all of the time. This recipe looks amazing! I will have to share this with my mom. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This Recipe looks very traditional and authentic. I can remember my mom cooking things like this in the fall and winter, great for cold weather. Great post!

    ReplyDelete